Monday, May 24, 2010

Day 21.

THE SUN WAS OUT ALL DAY TODAY. huzzah.

There is nothing like a beautiful day to make you really appreciate your life. I slept through my alarm this morning, but not long enough to make me late! First magical moment of the day. I got ready fast and ran out to catch the bus... unfortunately today was a holiday and the bus was only running every half hour. It wasn't too bad. I spent some lovely time with my roommate Kayla singing songs from the Sound of Music. My Favorite Things anyone? We made it to the opera house just in time to catch a sightseeing tour around beautiful Vienna. Even though we have already been here for three weeks we thought that it would be necessary to play tourist for a day this way we wouldn't miss anything important. We saw the Danube in the sun and might I say it looked glorious. I can't wait to return there for a swim. THEN we went and found lunch. Turkish Kebaps are my new favorite food hands down. My father would love them. Next was homework time.  I had venture inside for two hours to complete a writing assignment for class. There is just something about being outside that makes me not want to focus.

Picture this:
A Mormon praying in a Catholic church. If it turns out good I may post it here. You will have to wait and see.

After hiding indoors for two hours I was back out in the sunshine and ready to go. On our way to the Music Festival at the Rathaus we stopped and found what you may ask? A GLELATO SHOP! Of course. Straciatella. If you are ever in Europe look it up. The best I tell you. The best. Kayla, William, and I continued on our way and got sidetracked. We spent too long trying to imitate statues in a nearby park. Those pictures will never be posted so don't even ask. We finally made it to Rathaus and I bought the biggest scone I have ever seen. Festivals are fun.

Now here is a sad story... I was at the festival listening to some Austrian Jazz music when a particle of who knows what blew into my eye. I could not get it out. I had plans this evening to attend My Fair Lady, but with my eye hurting extremely bad I was unable to attend. Maybe next time.

I went to FHE instead where I proceeded to place my entire head under the faucet in the bathroom. "Flush your eye with water!" my fellow Americans said. So I did what I was told. It didn't work so I just sat with what felt like a rock in my eye until it was just gone. GONE. I guess it was fate and I was not supposed to go to that musical tonight. Hmmmm.. I'll never know. FHE was fun. I met some cool people, except someone poured water on me. Revenge will be mine Perry. And now I am home getting ready to finish up my homework so I can get to bed at a reasonable hour.

Going on that tour today made me realize something... there is still so many things that I haven't done in Vienna. I am so excited for tomorrow. It's going to be great.

Here are some shots that I took at the festival today. I was trying a new technique of photography that I have been reading about. It’s called Panning. Hopefully I can get much much better, but for now these will suffice.

I love you guys! Thanks for reading.

This is Oliver. He was an accomplice to the water pouring and likes getting his picture taken.

No comments:

Post a Comment