Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Day 1.

I am finally in Vienna! After all of the time prepping and planning I have finally arrived. Our day started at 5:30 am May 3rd and when we finally got off of the plane it was 8:30 on May 4th. Crazy. Remind me to never again spend that long on a plane. Except for when I come back to visit Austria again :]

The first plane was the most uncomfortable flying experience I have even had. No joke. The three hours to Chicago felt like and eternity. The seats were small and this man next to me kept invading my space with his computer and creepy WOW game. When we arrived at the Chicago airport we had to rush to our next gate for our plane that was already boarding. I had never been on a Boeing 747 but I must say I enjoyed the experience. Any plane that is going give me my own personal TV screen receives my approval. We flew from Chicago to the Washington-Dulles airport. We had a little bit longer layover there. I grabbed a sandwich for dinner and then we were off to Vienna. The seating arrangements were quite nice on the way there. I had my own seat plus the one next to me. It was super great except for the fact that I COULD NOT SLEEP. When the same movies are replayed over and over and you have watched all of them it makes a 9 hr flight seem a little bit longer. When we arrived in Vienna customs was a breeze and the calvary arrived to take us to our cute little hotel. It is so nice to arrive in a foreign country and already have the arrangements made for you. 

I had my first experience with the German language. This lady from the hotel walks up and says, "Guten Morgen." Now I know what that means but of course I completely froze as she proceeded to speak German five millions miles a minute. When she saw that we had no idea what she was saying she changed to English and gave us some excellent tips. 

Side note- One of my poor traveling companions, Ambree, lost her passport! She is still at the airport and we have yet to hear from her. Hopefully everything works out. William was so awesome at the airport suggesting we pray for her so all of us were praying in the middle of the airport. Yeah people were staring but hey we are BYU right?

So basically I am so happy to be in Vienna. I am so tired I can barely keep my eyes open, but I have to stay awake for the next 10 hours. While is is 4 am at home it is noon here. Lovely. This city is beautiful. I can't wait to go walk around. But first I must shower seeing as I have not changed my clothes in 24 hours. Here are some pictures of my precious Hotel room! Notice Kayla has crashed... 







The view from the room


Car Ride on the way here. Yes. I am a tourist. 
I will blog again tomorrow. Much love. :]

No comments:

Post a Comment