Friday, May 14, 2010

Day 11.

Today was perfect.

It rained all day. We got lost multiple times. People stared. But it was perfect.

Prague is one of the most amazing cities that I have ever been to. Plus you can't beat the night life :]

We decided to trek up to the castle and it was well worth the trip. The castle is a colabortaion of all these different types of architecture from all these different periods of history. Each ruler added what they like and gto rid of what they didn't. The cathedral was the most beautiful one I have ever seen. The St. Vitus Cathedral has the most colorful glass windows. I would know because I have been in quite a few as of late.

It was raining all day. I jumped from one umbrella to the other in an attempt to remain dry. Thank goodness I invested in a Northface before I left. It seriously saved my life today. After the castle scene we ended up getting lost. All of the guide books reccomend it and yet we didn't do it on purpose. We just saw the city like the locals. We spent two hours warming up from the rain in a local coffee shop, browsed street vendors, and walked walked walked.

William asked too many questions. We were all too loud. Everyone had their cameras out. People stared. We loved it. After finding this hole in the wall restaraunt we just sat, ate, and enjoyed each others company. Best dinner yet. We have no idea what it was called but I have a business card for the next time that I go back.

Prague. You have changed my life.

Jenny, Jana, Whitney, Maria, Ambree, and William I love you.

Now to go experience Hostel life on a Friday night. Should be interesting. I'll keep you updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment