Thursday, June 24, 2010

Day 52.

Did Italy really happen? Cause I am pretty sure that last week I was not laying on a beach in Rome or seeing the David in Florence. Really? Was that just last week?

Yeah it was. It is just crazy how fast life can change and all of a sudden your perspective is completely distorted.

We have started class again and let me just say that I am hating German much less. It would seem that our new German teacher is not a scary old German man but instead a young thirty something Austrian that doesn't care if we make mistakes. Score? I think so.

Thursday was a day of great mystery. My friend Jenny, who went with me on the Italy trip, had been missing her boyfriend/future fiance terribly... little did she know we all had a trick up out sleeves.

Kyle was coming out to surprise her... and we were all in on it.

A series of events planned by all of santa's elves [we had nicknamed our plan Operation Christmas] led to a photo shoot in stradtpark. Jenny thought we were dressed up for the Opera. Wrong. I worked a little bit of magic and strategically placed Jenny at the predetermined meeting spot.

I said the code word, "Play with the camera Jenny!"...

and who should appear in the photo next to her? KYLE! Boy was she surprised. She may have freaked out a little. It was a magical moment in Vienna for all of us. After the initial shock wore off we left the lovebirds alone and headed over to the Indian Restaurant. While there we decided we wanted a little piece of America and made our way to the English movie theater. Prince of Persia was the only movie playing and yes I paid 7 euros to see it.

Was it the worst movie I have ever seen? Maybe. Did Jana and I laugh more than we had the whole entire trip? It is entirely possible.

It was kind of a perfect night that of course I finished off with Gelato.

Hmm... I love Vienna.

No comments:

Post a Comment