Sunday, June 20, 2010

Day 48. CINQUE TERRE

Day #2 in Cinque Terre.

The sun came out. We figured it would because it was a Sunday, but we were still happily surprised. After taking some time to explore the cove we set off for the beach. How am I ever going to go back to landlocked Utah? We bought a train ticket for the next town over called Monterossa. We laid in the sun and played on the beach. The weather was perfect. Around 6pm we were all feeling a little hungry so we went off in search of food.

To our surprise all of the restaurants were closed, but weren't empty. They were packed with Italians cheering on their country in the World Cup. These small restaurants has bigger flat screen TV's than I have at my house in America set up outside so everyone could pull up a chair and watch. So that is exactly what we did. I sat in a pub and watched the World Cup with a bunch of Italians. I cheered on Italy as if it was my own country. Love. They ended up tying the game and then it was over. Right after the game the restaurants opened and we were able to grab dinner. I don't think there are any sports like that in America where a whole town will just close down. I liked it very much.

Here are some pictures from our lovely day. 

 A window in Vernazza. 

The Coastline. 

 
 Caity I hope you like this scarf. 

And I always look awkward.  

 Vernazza... and Kayla.

Inside the Church up on the hill.

We love our pizza. The green stuff that looks gross is Pesto and it is actually really good. 
Monterossa!

Can you ever go wrong with a jumping picture?

Maybe we did a little photo shoot. Maybe :]

Once again Whitney is one of the coolest people I know. 

Another successful day in Italy. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment