Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Day 36.

It would seem that the warmer the weather in Austria gets the worse people dress. The European flair I noticed when I first arrived is gone and in its place are illfitting sun dresses with sneakers.

On that note. Tonight at the Schonbrunn Palace, which I have mentioned in a previous post, they were offereing a free concert of the Vienna Philharmonic orchestra. We decided that our whole study abroad group would go along with some of the YSA's from Vienna. It was so much fun. We ended up sitting on the hill in the picnic area behind the stage. We were able to hear some of the conert. The really forte and upbeat pieces were distinguishable. I remember hearing some star wars theme music. For the most part it was just an excuse on our part to get together and socialize. We had a great time. I made Oliver help me with my German homework. Mainly he just laughed a lot at how terrible my grammar was but I got the assignment taken care of. We had to write about our homes in America. I am pretty sure that I sounded like a thrid grader. My sentences in German said something to the effect of "My house is yellow" and "My house has two floors." Pretty basic stuff that I am sure my Professor Evelin Streigler will love.

After the concert ended we made haste to the subway station in an attempt to avoid the crowds. It worked for the most part and Kayla and I were even able to snag a seat on the bus for the ride home. Vienna is all about being cultural. I like it because it makes me feel more motivated to care about things that are important parts of high society.

Here are some rockstar pictures that I took at Schonbrunn that night. There was some pretty intense lighting happening so I told people to start modeling and luckily they did.

No comments:

Post a Comment