Saturday, June 12, 2010

Day 40. Bratislava, Slovakia.

An Italian Opera subtitled in Slovakian being watched by English speaking students trying to learn German.

Yeah... we didn't get it either. Gotta love those school trips.

If you were wondering where Slovakia is in relation to Austria... It is right here.  A mere hour drive away from Vienna.

We went to see the opera Il Trovatore, written by Leone Emanuele Bardare. The musicality was great but It was probably the worst piece of professional Theater I have ever seen. There was absolutely no blocking and the set design and costuming was extremely questionable. I guess that is what you get when you only pay 4 Euros for an Opera in Slovakia.

A few reasons why Slovakia was fun-
1- All of my Friends were there
2- We got a free dinner

A few reasons why Slovakia wasn't so fun-
1- It was hot. Like really hot.
2- Bratislava was mainly constructed during Communistic rule. Not so cute.
3-I had NO IDEA what was going on during the Opera.

Now I can add Slovakia to the list of countries I have been too. huzzah. 

No comments:

Post a Comment