Friday, June 11, 2010

Day 39.

I experienced my first Viennese Ball.

I showed up wearing a peach pencil skirt, a black blouse and black flats. Boy was I under dressed. I had just assumed the "ball" was code word for a dance in this day and age but apparently I was wrong.

Everyone there was dressed to the nines in floor length ball gowns or sophisticated party dresses. The dancing was the traditional Austiran waltz. It is a cross between a regular waltz and a swing. Apparently I am not very good at it. Thank you Oliver. The best part of the ball was that the Austrians dance the same to EVERY SINGLE SONG. All american rejects? Waltz. Eye of the Tiger? Waltz. Rap music? Waltz. So different than the U.S. and so fun. Oh... and when the heck in the U.S. do you get to get dressed up and go to a ball? Basically never. I love Austira. :]

love,
Krystle.

No comments:

Post a Comment