Friday, June 18, 2010

Day 46. FLORENCE

Indie in Italy. 

3 police men and 30 euros later we had quite the story. 


Florence.
1 dome. 2 museums. 3 police men. 4 hours. 5 pieces. 6 desserts. 7 lepers.

This was one day that was packed to the brim. We started early with the Galleria Academia where we saw "THE DAVID." The statue is huge. I was once again impressed by Michelangelo. I must say that I think I like him better as a sculptor. Then we wandered the streets. Got panini's as a little cafe where the two male servers were singing English Rap music at the top of their lungs. I got separated from the group shortly after this and had to explore Florence by myself. When I finally found them I knew God had granted me a miracle. We also went to the Ufizzi Gallery and I will tell you after that museum I was musuemed out. I can only handle so much 13th century art. The group separated after the museum and Jana, Maria and I went to go to the swatch store. Instead of buying a watch the three of us had a run in with the Italian Police and spent 30 euros on dessert. We met back up with everyone and we went out to grab some dinner. On the way we got sidetracked by a free choir concert in a cathedral. It really made me miss choir. I may audition at BYU in the fall. Maybe. I had the best lasagna in the entire world in Florence. Seriously. One of the best moments of my food eating life thus far. Then we did what we always do, wandered the street until we were tired enough to fall fast asleep.

Nothing like cramming a whole city into one day.

P.S. That smiley face is on Jana's leg. Not mine. We all kinda forgot about sunblock at the beach in Rome. Oops.

1 comment:

  1. There are just a few items that I need you to expand upon!
    1. Miracle
    2. Police
    3. Dessert
    Love Love Love this BLOG!!!!
    p.s. Sis Kearns says she has your dress in and can't wait to see you in it! :0)

    ReplyDelete