Wednesday, March 17, 2010

stalking.

When did stalking people become a socially accepted occurrence?

There have been multiple instances today when I have heard the term "facebook stalk" and I'll admit it mildly disturbs me. I mean I recognize that I do it sometimes, but come on. Can this really be normal? Before you even talk to someone or get to know them you "stalk" their profile to learn everything about them and then when you actually meet them in person you pretend that you never read all that stuff. 

I'm just trying to pinpoint when this became a socially accepted practice and how I have sat idly by for so long without speaking out. Gone are the days when stalking required some sort of police action- no restraining orders  required.

Technology corrupting the world example 5782739.

No comments:

Post a Comment