Wednesday, March 10, 2010

chocolate.

Okay so Rachel, my roommate, and I have decided to swear off desserts for 30 days.

Why you may ask?

Because we were eating dessert all the time. You may think that this is an exaggeration, but rest assured it's not. Cookies, ice cream, ice cream on cookies, brownies, candy, cupcakes, and pretty much any other dessert type food we could get our hands on.

Then we decided. NO MORE. So for 30 days we are swearing off the sweets. The first 48 hours for me has been relatively easy. Rachel on the other hand texted me and asked if hot chocolate was allowed. I said no. I mean come on it has chocolate in the title! What the heck. Rachel is addicted to chocolate.
Anyway I am going to leave you today with my favorite dessert recipe... which really isn't a recipe... in honor of this event.


Homemade Pizookie- (You can find the real thing at BJ's restaurant, which unfortunately are not located in Utah)

Buy Nestle's Tollhouse cookie dough from the store in the plastic tub. That kind is the best. Scoop yourself out some cookie dough and make a cookie big enough to cover the entire bottom of a bowl. Bake the cookies and keep a close eye on them. They are larger than usual so you have to develop your own cook time. When the cookies look done pull them out of the over and let them sit for 2 mins. Then grab a spatuala and scoop the cookie into the bowl. Pile vanilla ice cream on top of the cookie, add hot fudge, camel, and nuts if you desire and enjoy.

That makes me hungry. This could be a long 30 days. Lucky for me only 28 days are left.

No comments:

Post a Comment