Sunday, March 7, 2010

ADVERTISING.

The moment of truth came. I received an email from the Communications office telling me that I could come pick up my letter that would inform me of whether or not I made it into the Advertising program. I climbed all three flights of stairs up to the office in the Brimhall building in anticipation, not really sure what I wanted the outcome to be.

If I got in which track would I choose? Creative or Management? 
If I got in would advertising really be what I want to do for a career?
If I didn't get in would it bother me?
Would I be able to move on and pursue just a degree in Theatre Arts Studies?

I tried to tell myself that I didn't care. I just brushed the question when people would ask em questions about it. 

Well the moment of truth came. I showed the secretary my ID and she handed me a sealed envelope with my future inside. Not wanting to seem anxious I shoved the letter in my backpack and walked out of the office. I then proceeded to the bathroom where I locked myself in a stall so that no one would see my expression upon opening the letter. 

I opened the letter and it said...

Congratulations! You have been.... 

I had made it in. And you know what I felt? Honestly... I didn't really feel much of anything. There was no excitement. No overwhelming sense of YES! I have finally figured out what to do with my life. It was kinda just eh.

I start the program next fall. I'll try it out for a while and see where it takes me. Advertising could provide boundless opportunities to net work and ultimately allow me to end up doing something that I love. As to what that is... I'm not exactly sure. Who knows where my life is going to take me. I guess I'll just have to wait and find out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment