Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Day 65.

I rode a bike today. More specifically I rode this bike pictured below. Vienna has an awesome program where you can ride a bike for free around the city. JennyBreannaWhitney, and I all signed up and were excited to participate in out first City Biking experience. Biking around Vienna involves competing with pedestrians, dogs, streetcars, cars, other bikers, and trees. Terrifying yet exhilarating. 

I am happy to report that we are all still alive. I felt like I was seeing the city of Vienna for the first time and I have been living here for 2 months! There is nothing better than the exertion of pent up energy after a long day in the classroom. Biking through one of the most beautiful cities in the world is just what the doctor called for. 


Personally I loved the basket on the front. Best invention ever. I was so happy that I had somewhere to stick my giant backpack :] and my bike was purple. Love.  

After biking around the city for an hour Chip and I were off to take some pictures. Our professor has been giving us assignments that get us out of our comfort zone. One of which is talking to people we don't know. I fail at this challenge epically. It is really hard for me to randomly strike up a conversation with someone and then go, "Oh hey, can I take your picture?" I don't like it. I have been able to do it once so far. She spoke very little English so I really don't know anything about her except that she had friendly eyes. 


Other than that Chip and I took some neat shots. Exploring the city at dusk is a wonderful thing. We stumbled upon a park that has hammocks hanging between just about every tree in the vicinity. Now I know where to sleep if I ever get locked out. 

Gotta Love Vienna.  


I don't want to discuss the soccer game. 

No comments:

Post a Comment