Friday, January 22, 2010

parachute.

OKAY!

This evening I had the glorious privilege of attending a concert at In The Venue up in SLC. Now... I am tired so this blog may not be entirely coherent but I will certainly try my best.

Madison Lights: This was the band that opened and there is nothing I want to say about them because none of it would be nice. The end.

Atalis: This was the second band and they were okayyyyyyyyy. The only girl that rocked the stage all night was the lead singer and from what I could hear she rocked the vocals. Kind of a harder version of a wannabe Paramore band which is probably not the best thing, but they they gave away free stickers and CD's so no one was complaining.

The Rouge: This band from Denver was seriously good. I was confused when they first came on stage because it looked like five indie boys with v-necks down to their belly buttons were trying to rock it out, but surprisingly I was impressed. I liked their sound. No indie acoustic stuff from these boys (Not that I am saying I don't like Indie acoustic stuff... it is actually one of my favorites). The lead vocals were impressive and so was the bass line. This bassist was killing it all night. You can look them up on myspace. I recommend the song six shooter. Actually I would highly suggest it. If you like the band Parachute it is a definite win.

Safetysuit: Heard of them before this evening but never seen them live and lets just say that the lead singer Doug knows how to put on a show. Honestly killed it. Music is great. Just a really fun band to sing with and see live. I'll have to check out more of his stuff. The guitarist in this band is sick along with the drummer. Had a difficult time hearing all the vocals cause something was up with the sound (so not their fault), but other than that it was sweet. www.safetysuit.com

and now for the band of the evening:

PARACHUTE!
Love love love them. And not just that song "She is Love" that blew up the radio scene. There are just honestly great. Fun music that makes you want to dance and for some reason fall in love, but don't they all haha. I will be posting lots of pictures very soon. Super nice guys that were willing to talk with you and just get to know you. Alex (the bassist) doesn't know it yet but I am almost positive that we are soul mates. I also ended up with a signed set list at the end of the night. How can you beat that? Hmmm... I don't think that you can. Nope. Pretty sure you can't :] Here is a song from them that was soooooooooooooooo amazing, mainly because I happen to sing it frequently when I am alone. Just freaking by there CD. Make it happen.



Anyway guys keep it real and keep reading.

Life lesson #3: Again with the Diet Coke at one in the morning. Oh and if you want to be first in line to a concert go at 3:30.

No comments:

Post a Comment