Monday, April 5, 2010

conference.

After this General Conference weekend I am feeling spiritually uplifted and edified. I was able to attend the Saturday afternoon session in the conference center and it was an incredible experience. Nothing like being surrounded by 21,000 of your fellow saints. I enjoyed Elder Hollands talk on avoided immoral messages. This is a quote from his talk regarding immoral thoughts.


“But we don’t have to throw open the door, serve them tea and crumpets, and then tell them where the silverware is kept!” Elder Holland said. He then humorously added, “You shouldn’t be serving tea anyway. Throw the rascals out!”


I was also able to see my wonderful brother, Kendall, who drove down to attend the Priesthood session with a bunch of boys from church. That must have been quite the trip. 6 teenage boys in a minivan for 15 hours each way. Sounds fun to me! [Except really... its doesn't haha] 


In other news HAPPY EASTER! My wonderful Aunt Liz welcomed me into her home today. I wanted to take pictures of her adorable children but I forgot to put my CF card in my camera! Story of my life. She made the classic meal of ham and cheesy potatoes and I was in heaven. Being a college student I appreciate all home cooked meals. 

After today, it is exactly two weeks until I make the trek home to Washington. I am so excited to see my family and head down to Mexico and then Austria!

Goal: Work out everyday for the next to weeks- except Sunday. 

I'll let you know how it goes. All I know is that this semester is almost over and I can't wait!

Life Lesson #13: Don't ever pretend you go to BYU when you don't.


1 comment:

  1. HI Cutie! We LOVED having you for Easter and conference! It was a GREAT day! Why didn't I take any pictures either???? Lame! Can't wait to hear about Mexico and AUSTRIA!!!!

    ReplyDelete